Pages

Thursday, July 9

DRs for Pencil and Children's Homework

It's with much joy I bring this beautiful TS2 mesh to the new game.  Sunni over at Plumb Bob Keep made this into a DR for the pencil in TS2 from a decorative set created by Cynnix, and it's one of the things I want to keep. 



In testing I discovered I couldn't live with the default homework I so attempted to create a new texture using an old bookcase from TSM.  The texture is tiny and I found it quite difficult to work with (I really don't like recolouring) but it suits my purposes.  Also, in the inventory the homework retains its old colour but looks fine out in the world.  

Regarding the quill, you will find that when kids (do any other sims use the pencil?  I haven't seen it) go to chew on their quill, as if it were a pencil, it will go through their head.  In testing I found they only do this once when they sit and do their homework beginning to end.  I think it's a small price to pay for such a beautiful mesh.  

The font is too small to read, the original is just grey lines, but there's a wee Pratchett line there from Reaper Man.

Get the Quill HERE
Get the Homework HERE

Credits: Cynnix, Sunni, TSM, Joninmobile, Terry Pratchett, Sims 4 Studio, Blender, Gimp, simPE  

15 comments:

  1. Great work! Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So much so you told me twice! Thanks for your appreciation but all the adoration should be aimed at Cynnix.

      Delete
  3. Thank you!!!! I hope more people think in us (the people who play the sims 4 in medieval mode) as you do... Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am constantly on the look out for medieval items for ts4. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for TS4 Medieval items and builds. That You so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your DR stuff for TS4~! <3 Also, when I just realized who this person actually--that you are THE Motherof70 who I have known since TS2 and from The PBK... *Gasps* I'm so happy I'm crying tears of joy. I'm glad you're still around. You've been one of my favorite creators along with our late and beloved Sunni. Stay well, stay creative, stay alive. Many good wishes to you! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I'd like to report here that as of now, this mod is glitching out some rugs in the game. Some basegame ones and some from packs too. I really love this mod though! Don't know how to fix it myself, sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, great mod. Another cc creator "femmeonamission" did a "Death Of Marat Set" with some great Feather pins, and holders, extracted from the base game, I use them in every build. Could this mod be updated to include their feather pin by any chance? Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just an FYI, I know this is a really old post but I just added the homework retexture to my game and it seems to be working fine in 2024. I was also able to update the catalog & swatch thumbs, the custom cover of the book now shows in my Sim's inventory. I am using the homework retexture with JaneSimsten's current Quill override, ok together so far.

    ReplyDelete